Songwriter Showcase participants announced for WOB ’16
by John Lawless | July 6, 2016
The International Bluegrass Music Association has announced the participants in its 2016 World of Bluegrass Songwriter Showcase.
Each year the ten best songs from the dozens submitted for consideration are selected, and the writers are invited to perform them during IBMA’s annual convention before an audience of artists and producers eager for new material. Both the recognition by the organization and the exposure received from their showcase in front of their peers and interested industry people can catapult a songwriter to wider appreciation.
Chosen for 2016 are:
- Aaron Bibelhauser – Blue Collar Dreams
- Anya Hinkle – Ever What They Say
- Ashleigh Caudill – Franklin County
- Christopher Burton – Textbook Definition of the Blues
- CJ Cain – Widow’s Ghost
- Galen Green – Little Circles
- Jenni Lyn Gardner – Burn Another Candle At Both Ends
- Kevin Williamson – The Miner’s Song
- Korby Lenker – Friend and a Friend
- Lee Leanders – Birmingham to Jackson
Congratulations to this year’s songwriters!
The World of Bluegrass Songwriter’s Showcase will be held on September 29 at 1:00 p.m. in the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, NC.
About The Author
John had served as primary author and editor for The Bluegrass Blog from its launch in 2006 until being folded into Bluegrass Today in September of 2011. He continues in that capacity here, managing a strong team of columnists and correspondents.